Bao is a company that is going to change the way in which homes are built. We have developed a product that takes the next step towards the industrialisation of the construction sector. We are a passionate and down-to-earth team consisting of 2 co-founders and are looking for someone to help us fight the uphill battle that is being a start-up in the most traditional sector.
You will be jointly responsible for taking our proprietary SAM system from a full scale, fully functional, prototype to a mass-production-ready product. This role will cover many facets of designing a product and everything that is coupled with getting that product made, understood and installed. You will become the 3rd member of the Bao team and will be jumping into a challenging and at times unpredictable new role at a crucial moment for the business.
What can you expect from us?
- Flexible work hours.
- We aim for a 40 hour work week but are prepared for longer days depending on the amount of work. Shorter weeks also happen by the way.
- Work at least 3 days a week at the office.
- This means you HAVE to take holiday during the Summer as the sector literally shuts down.
- Start-up environment
- Join us in a new work space in Borgerhout along with a handful of other creative entrepreneurs.
- A lot of room for learning new skills
- The opportunity to design your own job that grants you a lot of autonomy.
- You get the unique chance to grow along with the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
Below are some concrete examples of the type of work you will be doing, but you should note that in this phase of a business you should be ready to assume different roles within the company. One day you may be tied down with admin or leading a project and the next day you are dealing with practical issues on a construction site. Be ready.
- Contact with Suppliers
- Maintain and update the digital library that forms a crucial part of our product’s scalability and ease of use
- Contact with internal as well as external departments to come up with novel solutions
- Own our design strategy, including working with Product Management, Users, and 3rd parties
- Work alongside our design partner, Studio Dott, to design and enrich new features and ultimately take over design responsibilities from them and bring them in house.
- Self motivated
- Growth Mindset
- Takes initiative
- Has high standards but knows that perfect doesn’t exist.
- Eye for detail
- Can wear many different hats
- Comfortable with the interchange between a leading role and a supportive one.
- Is not afraid to get their hands dirty, we are working in the construction sector after all.
- Owns his work and collaborates well.
- Can find the balance between innovative, original concepts and practical, deliverable solutions
- Time Management
- Aim for a full 40 hour work week
- Shifts focus depending on priorities
- Small Team
- Be at ease with communication between very different parties. From C-levels to builders.
- Software proficiencies:
- Autodesk Revit
- Project Management
- Capable of making quick decisions
- Driving License (own car a plus)
- Not necessary but a definite plus:
- Building interior design
- Design thinking
- Knowledge of BIM
- Familiar with manufacturing techniques
If what you read above resonates with who you are and the kind of challenge you are looking for, please send us a message or give us a call. You can find our contact details below.
– Team Bao